The Manassas Regional Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
Section 26.1, 26.23 Objectives/Policy Statement
The City of Manassas (hereafter ‘the City’) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) 49 CFR Part 26. The City has received Federal financial assistance from USDOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the City has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the City to ensure that DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT–assisted contracts. It is also the policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT-assisted contracts.
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts.
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law.
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs.
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in USDOT-assisted contracts.
- To promote the use of DBEs in all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities conducted by recipients.
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
Juan E. Rivera, Airport Director, Manassas Regional Airport, 10600 Harry J. Parrish Blvd., Manassas, VA 20110; Phone 703-361-1882; E-mail: email@example.com been designated as the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO). In that capacity, the Airport Director is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the airport in their financial assistance agreements with the US Department of Transportation.