Assistant City Manager/Community Development Director
Assistant City Manager/
Community Development Director
Elizabeth S. Via-Gossman, FAICP
The Community Development Director is hired by the city manager to administer a comprehensive program for the city’s physical commercial, residential, and cultural development. The director oversees planning and zoning activities, historic resources, development services, neighborhood services, code enforcement, as well as the city’s parks and museum system.
Elizabeth S. Via-Gossman was hired by the City in February 2003 and has over 30 years of experience in Virginia local government, including work in Prince William County, Henrico County, City of Hampton, and the City of Manassas.
- Bachelors in Historic Preservation - Mary Washington College
- Masters in Urban and Regional Planning - George Washington University
- Prince William County - Chief, Development Services
- Henrico County - Chief, Comprehensive Planning
- Prince William Association of Realtors - Instructor
- Engineers & Surveyors Institute - Instructor
Professional Organizations & Memberships
- American Planning Association / American Institute of Certified Planners
- Urban Land Institute