Agendas & MinutesView agendas and minutes in the Meeting Media Center. Looking for Planning Commission minutes prior to 2017? View a searchable archive.
7:00 pm on the first Wednesday of every month (third Wednesday as needed) at locations to be announced while Manassas City Hall is renovated. 2023 Calendar Agenda packages are available the Friday prior to a scheduled meeting. Please note that the Planning Commission meeting scheduled for December 6, 2023 is cancelled due to lack of business.
Minutes are available following approval at the subsequent meeting.
FY23 Annual Report
View current Rules of Procedure adopted May 6, 2020
The Manassas City Planning Commission serves in an important advisory capacity to the City Council as required by Sec. 15.2-2210 of the Code of Virginia: The Commission exists "... in order to promote the orderly development of such political subdivision and its environs." Duties include:
- Making recommendations and an annual report to the governing body
- Preparing, publishing, and distributing reports, ordinances, and other material relating to its activities
- Preparing a Comprehensive Plan for the physical development of the territory within its jurisdiction
- Preparing and amending a subdivision ordinance
- Reviewing and approving public facilities
- Reviewing and making recommendations on special use permits and rezoning application