150th Birthday Party
The April 1 event featured:
The Stage Line-Up:
- 2 p.m. - Poetry Contest winners
- 2:30 p.m. - Pershing's Own Band - Quartet
- 3 p.m. - Ceremony to recognize the birthday with time capsule
- 4 p.m. - Celeste Vee - Electric Violinist
- 5 p.m. - Carleigh Jane
- 6 p.m. - Special Occasions Band
- 7:30 p.m. - Fireworks!
- 150th Video Series - in the Boys & Girls Club - watch residents from the City of Manassas as they tell their Manassas story.
- Bring a stamped envelope or buy a postcard and a stamp at the event to get the 150th Pictorial Postmark.
- Tours of the Manassas Industrial School at 2:15 and 4: 15 p.m. Meet at the statue of Jennie Dean.
- Explore a Manassas Timeline exhibit presented by the Manassas Museum
- Family-friendly storytelling with Ms. Sheila Arnold (2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm)
- Help create a Community Collage that will be displayed at the Manassas Museum when it reopens later this year
- Hands-on crafts will help you explore the history of the City
- Ashton Diner
- Cupcake Mafia
- Hog Shack
- La Jarochita
- Tummy Yum Yum
Parking for this event will be in Historic Downtown Manassas with buses picking up from Baldwin Elementary on the Prince William Street side. Please see the bus route here.
The bus route is simple, quick and will get you there when you wish. As the afternoon turns into evening, more buses will join the route, making it easy to leave the park after the fireworks. Handicapped parking is in the Triangle Lot
- Axe Throwing
- Balloon Artist
- Balloon Pop Game
- Bucket Truck Rides
- Crayon Castle Moonbounce
- Extreme Air Jumper
- Face Painting
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Touch a Truck - reach out and touch some of the City's great equipment (dump trucks, plows, police cars, fire truck, and a race car)
- Get your 150th postal cancelation Pictorial Postmark - bring an addressed and stamped letter, postcard or piece of mail and the post office will cancel the stamp with the official 150th cancelation. They will even mail it for you.
- Make sure you stop by the big 150 to take a selfie