The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category
2023 Press Releases3 documents
2022 Press Releases8 documents
- 12-12-22 - New Fire Chief
- 09-12-22 - City Council Votes to Decrease Personal Property Tax Bills
- 5-16-22 - New Manassas Social Services Director
- 5-16-22 - Annaburg Named to National Register
- 5-11-22 - Outstanding Volunteers
- 4-12-22 - Manassas Mayor Receives Prestigious Award
- 2-23-22 - City Seeking Public Art
- 2-1-22 - Manassas goes to Committee of the Whole
- March 12, 2021 - Fire on Byrd Drive
- Feb. 17, 2021 City License Plate
- April 13, 2021 Pfizer Switch
- May 14, 2021 Fire & Rescue Station 21 Holds Ribbon Cutting Fire and Rescue personnel, local officials and community supporters held a ribbon cutting ceremony this afternoon for the new Manassas Fire and Rescue Station 21 at 10306 Dumfries Road.
- May 26, 2021 - Route 28 Widening Groundbreaking
- May 26, 2021 Bee City USA Designation
- June 25, 2021 New Planning and Community Development Director Selected
- July 20, 2021 - Manassas Museum takes part in Virginia Museum of History & Culture Exhibit
- Fire & Rescue Receives National Recognition
- Oct. 1, 2021 - City Fire & Rescue asking the Public's Help
- Oct. 9, 2021 - Scaffolding Collapse in Manassas
- Nov. 19, 2021 - Manassas Receives GFOA Budget Award
- Fire Suppression Unit Malfunction Fire Suppression Unit Malfunction
- Local Declaration of State of Emergency . City Manager W. Patrick Pate has signed the Declaration of Local State of Emergency for the City of Manassas in response to the Centers for Disease Control's new guidance on social distancing in groups of no more than 10 people to help slow the spread of COVID-19 or the Coronavirus.
- 15 Minute Parking Created in Manassas The City of Manassas is temporarily designating several parking spaces in the Historic Downtown as 15 Minute Parking Only to facilitate Pick Up and Delivery options during this Pandemic.
- City of Manassas Buildings Closed to the Public Out of an abundance of caution and concern for City residents and staff and given the rapidly evolving situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), City Manager W. Patrick Pate has decided to close all City of Manassas buildings to the public effective immediately until further notice.
- SWIFT Donates 100 Trees to City of Manassas To Celebrate Earth Day SWIFT Donates 100 Trees to City of Manassas To Celebrate Earth Day
- City of Manassas Gives Options for Residents to Speak on Budget and Tax Rates City of Manassas Gives Options for Residents to Speak on Budget and Tax Rates
- Free COVID19 Testing
- Thank you Flyover Manassas Regional Airport conducts flyover of Novant Health Prince William Medical Center to thank them for their service
- Library Services Agreement On June 8, 2020 the Manassas City Council has signed an agreement with Prince William County on Library Services.
- City of Manassas Observes Juneteenth In observance of Juneteenth, the City of Manassas has declared a local holiday for the City of Manassas Government.
- CDC Team Working in Manassas Area In an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in zip codes with more positive cases, i.e., 20109, 20110 and 20111, and targeted communities, the Hispanic/Latino community, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) will conduct a survey, beginning Monday, June 22, 2020, in the Cities of Manassas, Manassas Park and Prince William County.
- City of Manassas works to Distribute PPE to Local Residents in Need
- City hires new Fire and Rescue Chief
- City of Manassas Comp Plan wins 2 Prestigious Awards
- Jennie Dean Statue Unveiled On Saturday, Oct. 24, as clouds gave way to a rainbow-filled sky, community members and local and state officials unveiled a long-planned statue of Jennie Dean.
- City of Manassas Seeks Council Applicants
- Harris Pavilion Ice Skating Closed for the Season
- February Events at the Manassas Museum Fun Free February Events at the Manassas Museum
- First Annual Jennie Dean Legacy Awards First Annual Jennie Dean Legacy Awards
- Chasing Light Chasing Light is an art and music experience that you won't want to miss.
- City of Manassas ISO Ratings Improve City of Manassas Insurance Rates Improve
- City of Manassas Fire & Rescue Increasing ALS Service On March 5, 2019, the City of Manassas Fire and Rescue System will increase Advanced Life Support (ALS) service delivery to the community with Rescue Engine 521.
- One Love Manassas – A Celebration of Life with the Arts On April 26 – 28, the City of Manassas and Historic Manassas, Inc. will host One Love Manassas.
- Manassas Hires New City Clerk At the April 22, 2019 meeting of the City of Manassas City Council, a new City Clerk was selected.
- Vice Mayor Ken Elston Resigns Vice Mayor Ken Elston Resigns
- June events at the Manassas Museum Fabulous fun free events
- Free June Events at the Harris Pavilion Concerts, ice cream and fun free events at the Harris Pavilion
- Arson Investigation The City of Manassas Fire Marshal's office has concluded their arson investigation with the apprehension of a suspect on May 29, 2019.
- City Council seeks Interim Member City Council is seeking applicants through an online process that can be found at www.manassascity.org/council.
- Annaburg Manor Purchased The City of Manassas has completed the purchase of Annaburg Manor located at 9201 Maple Street.
- City Hires New Public Works Director The City of Manassas is pleased to announce that Scott Horan will be the new Public Works Director effective July 22, 2019.
- Fire at the Harris Pavilion At 1:45 a.m. on July 22 a Manassas City Police Officer was driving on Prince William Street when he noticed smoke coming from the direction of the Harris Pavilion at 9201 Center Street.
- September Events in Historic Manassas September Events in Historic Downtown Manassas
- New ABC Permit in Historic Downtown Manassas This First Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, in Historic Downtown Manassas will have a new feature added to the usual First Friday event.
- Commissioner of the Revenue Receives Accreditation Commissioner of the Revenue Receives Accreditation
- Family Displaced by fire.pdf Family displaced by fire after food left on stove top.
- New Social Service Director Hired The City of Manassas has hired Michele D. Gehr, MSSW to serve as Director of Social Services effective Sept. 16, 2019.
- B-17 Press Flights The Experimental Aircraft Association, Chapter 186, which operates out of the Manassas Regional Airport, will host the B-17 Aluminum Overcast Airplane from Oct. 23-27.
- Fall RecycleFest On Saturday, Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to noon the City of Manassas will hold the 5th Annual Fall RecycleFest.
- Manassas Regional Airport Hosts Eagle Scout Project About a year ago, the Manassas Regional Airport was presented with an Eagle Scout project they felt was totally inspiring and fit into the aviation theme perfectly.
- East End Mobile Home Park Sold The City of Manassas is pleased to announce that the East End Mobile Home Park has been sold to Catholics for Housing.
- Manassas Regional Airport ranks #1 in jobs, wages and economic activity . The Virginia Department of Aviation just released the Economic Impact Study of 57 General Aviation and nine commercial airports.
- Black History Celebration On Monday, Feb. 12, 2018, the City of Manassas celebrated Black History month by recognizing an aspiring journalist, future president of the Manassas Boys and Girls Club, the Head of Collections at the National Museum of African American History and Culture and one of the first African American Marines.
- New Exhibit at the Hall in City Hall The Hall at City Hall has a new exhibit featuring City of Manassas government staff photography.
- New Finance Director Selected Diane Bergeron selected as New Finance Director for the City of Manassas.
- March Happenings at the Manassas Museum Fun events at the Manassas Museum
- Great American Cleanup Challenge Help Clean, Restore and Renew the City of Manassas streams, parks and historic sites
- Keep Manassas Beautiful Wins Award The City of Manassas Keep Manassas Beautiful group has been recognized by Keep America Beautiful with the President's Circle Award.
- HOK Selected to Design Public Safety Facility Hellmuth, Obata + Kassabaum, PC, (HOK) an award-winning global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm, has been selected to design the new City of Manassas Public Safety Facility on Grant Avenue.
- OneLove Arts Festival . The City of Manassas and Historic Manassas, Inc. are hosting a new three-day multi-media art event called One Love Manassas
- New Immersive Experience at the Museum Beginning March 19, 2018 a new immersive exhibit will open at the Manassas Museum. Annie's Porch: This Was Manassas, spotlights the universal storytelling tradition of talking on the front porch with friends.
- Fire Displaces Six . At 8:08 p.m. on March 19, Fire and Rescue units from the City of Manassas, Manassas Park, and Prince William County responded to a fire at 9011 Centreville Road (Manassas Mobile Home Park) for a report of a mobile home fire
- Best of the Region Art Show Winners Announced Now showing in the Hall at City Hall, the Best of the Region Art Show featuring the work of artists from this region.
- Media Advisory - WEA Test Participating in Regional Test of Wireless Emergency Alert System - Country's first live regional test using geo-target capabilities, reaching up to 5.2M
- April Happenings at the Manassas Museum The Manassas Museum features not only history, but great experiential learning with seminars, talks, tours and more.
- Osbourn Artists Featured in New Exhibit There is a new exhibit in The Hall at City Hall featuring the work of Osbourn High School students.
- Tree City USA and Arbor Day Celebration The City of Manassas has been named a Tree City USA for the 28th year by the Arbor Foundation in honor of the City's commitment to effective urban forest management.
- Manassas Regional Airport FBO Named #1 FBO in the World The Manassas Regional Airport has two Fixed Based Operators (FBO's) and one of those has been named the number one FBO in the world for line services by the Aviation International News pilot survey.
- Manassas Reads On Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. the City of Manassas, Manassas City Public Schools and the Prince William Public Library System will host Manassas Reads.
- Robert Portner Exhibit at the Manassas Museum Opening this Friday, April 13 at 7 p.m., Living the American Dream, the new exhibit at the Manassas Museum, tells the story of German immigrant Robert Portner, the Washington, D.C. beer baron
- 2018 Outstanding Volunteers On April 24, 2018, the City of Manassas recognized volunteers including 11 that were recognized for being outstanding in 2018. The event, held at the Hylton Performing Arts Center, was attended by about 300 people.
- One Love Manassas May 18-20 May 18 – 20 the City of Manassas and Historic Manassas, Inc. will be hosting an array of talented artists, performers and speakers in the Historic Downtown
- Manassas Art Guild Exhibit.pdf There is a new exhibit in The Hall at City Hall featuring the work of the Manassas Art Guild.
- Former City Manager John G. Cartwright Passes Away The City of Manassas is sad to report that John G. Cartwright, Former City of Manassas City Manager (1986 – 1999), has passed away in his hometown of Traverse City, Michigan.
- Tourism Impact for the City of Manassas Today the Governor released 2017 preliminary state economic impact data from U.S. Travel Association.
- June Happenings at the Manassas Museum The Manassas Museum features not only history, but great experiential learning with seminars, talks, tours and more.
- Police action at Round Elementary On Tuesday, June 5, at approximately 1 p.m., Manassas City Police received a call from Prince William County Police Emergency Communications Center advising that they received a 9-1-1 call from an unknown male stating he had a gun and was experiencing a mental health crisis near a Manassas City Public School.
- Manassas Community Conversations begin June 19 The City of Manassas will kick off 2018 Comprehensive Plan update by inviting citizens to targeted Community Conversations beginning June 19, 2018 at 7 p.m. at the Martin K. Alloy Boys and Girls club at 9501 Dean Park Lane.
- Manassas Regional Airport Director Recognized by NATA Manassas Regional Airport Director Recognized by NATA
- Aviation Adventures at the Manassas Regional Airport gets Certified by FAA Aviation Adventures at the Manassas Regional Airport gets Certified by FAA
- City of Manassas Fire & Rescue Captain Completes International Professional Designation Captain Matthew Fox from the City of Manassas Fire and Rescue Department has been conferred a designation that only 448 others have achieved worldwide.
- Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and Keep America Beautiful Bring Recycling to E.G. Smith Baseball Complex City of Manassas residents visiting the E.G. Smith Baseball Complex should expect to see a cleaner public park this spring thanks to a significant grant made possible by Dr. Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) in collaboration with national nonprofit Keep America Beautiful.
- Manassas Co-work Space Wins Statewide Award CenterFuse, a co-work space and small business incubator located in Historic Downtown Manassas, took home top honors in the Outstanding Business of the Year category at the recent Virginia Main Street (VMS) Conference in Harrisonburg, VA.
- Manassas History Weekend – Aug. 24-26 On Aug. 24-26, the City of Manassas will host the first-ever Manassas History Weekend.
- September Happenings at the Manassas Museum The Manassas Museum features not only history, but great experiential learning with seminars, talks, tours and more.
- City of Manassas Tourism Climbs The Virginia Tourism Corporation has just released the 2017 state and local economic impact data.
- New 24/7 Medic Unit in Manassas The City of Manassas Fire and Rescue Department is putting their second 24-hour medic unit in-service at the Manassas Volunteer Fire Company (Station 501).
- City of Manassas Wins Governor's Technology Award At a conference last week, City of Manassas GIS and Airport staff received the Governor's Technology Award for their new app - the Regional Airport Inspection Application.
- Residential Fire Affects Two Townhomes The City of Manassas Fire and Rescue Department responded to a working residential structure fire at 4 a.m. this morning in the 9200 block of Taney Road. Crews arrived on scene to find two townhomes with fire showing through the roof.
- New Park in the City of Manassas The Mayor and Council have agreed to terms to purchase 3.65 acres of land and the structure on it known as Annaburg Manor from the Prince William Hospital Corporation for $846,000.
- November Happenings in the City The Manassas Museum features not only history, but great experiential learning with seminars, talks, tours and more.
- December Happenings in the City of Manassas The Manassas Museum features not only history, but great experiential learning with seminars, talks, tours and more.
- Citizen Satisfaction is High The City of Manassas has just completed and received the results of the third City Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
- February/March Events at the Manassas Museum The Manassas Museum offers great free programs for residents and visitors.
- Calling All Artists The City of Manassas, in conjunction with American Disposal Services, Inc. are hosting a Recycled Outdoor Art Competition.
- Precinct Change and New Voting Machines City of Manassas voters will see a few new changes in the next election cycle. Because the number of voters at the various polling places has grown, a voting precinct has been added at George C. Round Elementary School.
- Manassas Art Guild Displays in The Hall Paintings from the Manassas Art Guild are on exhibit in The Hall at City Hall through March 13, 2017.
- $1000 Grant Awarded The City of Manassas and American Disposal Services have awarded the City's first Community Recycling Grant award.
- Snow Emergency Declared The City of Manassas is declaring a "Snow Emergency" effective as of Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. until Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
- Best of the Region Art Show Five area arts organizations are hosting the "Best of the Region" Art Show in The Hall at City Hall from now through April 7, 2017.
- Spring Recycle Fest The City of Manassas is celebrating Earth Day with a Spring Recyclefest on Saturday, April 1, 2017, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Manassas Transfer Station, at 8305 Quarry Road, in Manassas.
- April Events at the Manassas Museum The Manassas Museum offers great free programs for residents and visitors. Below are some of the events for April.
- City of Manassas Public Safety Recognized for Valor At the Prince William Chamber of Commerce Valor Awards, 13 City of Manassas Police and Fire and Rescue personnel were recognized for Valor.
- 2017 Earth Day Poster Contest Winners Selected For the last several years, the City of Manassas has held an Earth Day poster contest for all Manassas City Public School students in grades 1-6.
- Operation Staying Alive On May 20, the City of Manassas Fire & Rescue Department and Local 4466 are hosting Operation Staying Alive.
- NR 016 - Manassas Reads.pdf
- NR 017 - Bretton Woods Fire.pdf
- NR 018 - Osbourn Art in The Hall.pdf
- NR 019 - Business Tax Refund.pdf
- NR 020 - Nash Drive.pdf
- NR 021 - Poe Drive Fire.pdf
- NR 022 - Schoeppel in The Hall.pdf
- NR 023 - June events at the Manassas Museum.pdf
- NR 024 - Responder of the Year.pdf
- NR 025 - Alternate Location of Fire Station.pdf
- NR 026 - Christine Grubbs Exhibit.pdf
- NR 001 - Leela Nowka Exhibit.pdf
- NR 002 - 80 K9 Teams at the Airport.pdf
- NR 003 - Dawood Named Utilities Director.pdf
- NR 004 - Poland to Open New Exhibit.pdf
- NR 005 - Snow Emergency.pdf
- NR 006 - Manassas Art Guild Exhibit.pdf
- NR 007 - Parks Survey.pdf
- NR 008 - March events at the Museum.pdf
- NR 009 - Plane Off Runway.pdf
- NR 010 - Real Estate Assessments.pdf
- NR 011 - Aspen Place Shots Fired.pdf
- NR 012 - Aspen Place Shots Fired update.pdf
- NR 013 - Aspen Place Shots Fired update.pdf
- NR 014 - Aspen Place Update.pdf
- NR 015 - New Exhibit in the Hall.pdf
- NR 016 - Tree City and Arbor Day.pdf
- NR 017 - New Website.pdf
- NR 018 - Barrington Park Fire.pdf
- NR 019 - Sculpture Uncovered.pdf
- NR 022 - Airport employee recognized.pdf
- NR 023 - New Fire and Rescue Chief.pdf
- NR 024 - Museum Happenings.pdf
- NR 025 - Neighborhood Conference.pdf
- NR 026 - Visual Expressions.pdf
- NR 027 - Rooftop.pdf
- NR 028 - Eichorn lands at Manassas.pdf
- NR 029 - Outstanding Pre-Hospital Provider.pdf
- NR 030 - Captured Exhibit.pdf
- NR 031 - Manassas.pdf
- NR 032 - Camps.pdf
- NR 033 - Museum Happenings.pdf
- NR 034 - AAA Bond Rating.pdf
- NR 036 - Water Testing.pdf
- NR 037 - Deputy Chief House.pdf
- NR 038 - Partners Exhibit.pdf
- NR 039 - China Flight.pdf
- NR 040 - MCPD Crime Report 8-25-16.pdf
- NR 041 - September Museum Events.pdf
- NR 042 - East End Mobile Home.pdf
- NR 043 - Calypso Drive.pdf
- NR 044 - ED Director Recertified.pdf
- NR 045 - Voting Information.pdf
- NR 046 - Deputy Chief.pdf
- NR 047 - Clifton Exhibit.pdf
- NR 048 - Tyler Court Fire.pdf
- NR 049 - Manassas Museum Happenings.pdf
- NR 050 - Manassas Airport hosts B17 and Ford Trimotor.pdf
- NR 051 - Grubbs Exhibit.pdf
- NR 052 - Voter misinformation.pdf
- NR 053 - RecycleFest.pdf
- NR 055 - Public Works Director.pdf
- NR 056 - Project Recycle.pdf
- NR 058 - Treasurer Retires.pdf
- NR 059 - Shots Fired.pdf
- NR 057 - Recruit Class 7.pdf
- NR 060 - Pedestrian Struck.pdf
- NR 061 - Crime report 11-21-16.pdf
- NR 062 - Citizen Satisfaction Survey.pdf
- NR 063 - New Fire Marshal Selected.pdf
- NR 064 - Giving back.pdf
- NR 065 - Out of the Classroom exhibit.pdf
- NR 066 - Sinistral Brewing.pdf
- NR 067 - Structure Fire.pdf
- NR 001 - Manassas Regional Airport 50th.pdf
- NR 002 - Souper Bowl.pdf
- NR 003 - Museum Happenings.pdf
- NR 004 - State of the City.pdf
- NR 006 - The Hall inaugural exhibit.pdf
- NR 007 - Building C RN6240.pdf
- NR 007 - Building Collapse.pdf
- NR 008 -Snow Emergency 2-16-15.pdf
- NR 009 -Snow Emergency 2-21-15.pdf
- NR 010 - March Museum events.pdf
- NR 011 -Snow Emergency 3-5-15.pdf
- NR 012 -Snow Emergency lifted.pdf
- NR 013 -Utilities Scam.pdf
- NR 014 - Hannele Lahti.pdf
- NR 015 - Dryer Fires.pdf
- NR 016 - HMI Virginia Main Street award.pdf
- NR 017 - April Museum Happenings.pdf
- NR 018 - Arbor Day.pdf
- NR 019 - Cool New Tools.pdf
- NR 020 - Farmers Market open.pdf
- WWII Airplanes Fly Again On May 2, 2015, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. the Manassas Airshow is bringing in Breitling Jet Team, the largest professional civilian flight jet team.
- New Exhibit - Protecting Manassas at the Museum A new exhibit at the Manassas Museum debuts May 1 at 6 p.m. with Fire, Rescue and Police Equipment and demonstrations at the Manassas Museum.
- May Gallery Walk The first weekend in May is full of fantastic events in the City of Manassas.
- Osbourn Art Graces The Hall On Monday, April 27, 2015, the Osbourn High School art exhibit opened at The Hall at City Hall.
- City of Manassas Welcomes Five New Firefighters On Monday, April 27, 2015, five new firefighters were sworn into office by Mayor Harry J. Parrish II.
- City of Manassas Primary Election The City of Manassas will hold a Primary Election on June 9, 2015. There will be one office on the ballot: State Senate, 29th District, for the Democratic Party.
- Manassas Heritage Railway Festival The 21st Annual Manassas Heritage Railway Festival is on June 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Historic Downtown Manassas.
- Manassas Utilities Host Brazilian Delegation On Wednesday, May 13, a reverse trade mission from Brazil came to visit the City of Manassas Utilities Department.
- June events at the Manassas Museum Book talks, walking tours, and plantation tours are on tap for June at the Manassas Museum.