Juan E. Rivera has served as the Airport Director for the Manassas Regional Airport for since 2001. As Airport Director, he reports to the deputy city manager and serves as the staff liaison to the City’s Airport Commission. The director provides administrative and operational oversight of the Manassas Regional Airport. He prepares and monitors both the capital improvements program and the operating budgets for the department, and ensures fund balances are maintained at the airport by recommending annually the appropriate rates for the airport fund. Mr. Rivera has more than 25 years of General Aviation (GA) airport management experience. He has served on numerous committees with both the FAA and Virginia Department of Aviation.
Mr. Rivera holds a private pilot license and lives in Prince William County with his wife Elizabeth and their two daughters.
EducationBachelor of Science in Aviation Administration, Indiana State University
- Director, Leesburg Executive Airport, Leesburg, VA
- Hanover County Airport, Hanover, VA
- William J. Fox Airport, Lancaster, CA
- Served three years on active duty in the United State Marine Corps and nine years in the reserves as a Combat Engineer Officer rising to the rank of Major
- Past president of the Virginia Airport Operators Council
- Greater Washington Business Aviation Association (GWBAA)
- Southeast Chapter of American Association of Airport Executives
- Airport Cooperative Research Program
- Served on numerous advisory committees and panels for the Department of Aviation and Federal Aviation Administration
AwardsAirport Manager of the Year in 2000 by the Virginia Department of Aviation