Visit the [ Engineering Department home page ]
Director of Engineering oversees all City Engineering Operations and Public Works Capital Improvement Projects, site review and site inspections for the City of Manassas.
Lance Kilby, PE, began his career in the City of Manassas after more than 30 years practicing engineering and managing projects throughout the mid-Atlantic region. He has extensive design and management experience overseeing project teams serving a variety of commercial, residential, industrial, mixed-use, and retail developments for private as well as public infrastructure projects.
- Lance has a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Old Dominion University
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Professional Engineer, State of Maryland
- Designated Plans Examiner: Fairfax, Prince William and Loudoun Counties
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- NVBIA - Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
- NAIOP - National Association Industrial and Office Properties
- Culpeper County - Planning Commissioner
- ICSC - International Council of Shopping Centers
- ESI - Engineers and Surveyors Institute (DPE and Teacher)
- Advisory Board Member for LDDI Virginia Tech