Planning and Community Development Director
Planning & Community Development Director / Assistant City Manager
The City’s Planning & Development office administers’ the City’s planning and development programs including long-range planning, land and building development, and property code enforcement.
Matt Arcieri was hired by the City in December 2013 and has almost 20 years of experience in land use and transportation planning, including work in James City County, Prince William County, and for the New York City Department of Transportation.
- Bachelors in Public Policy and History – College of William and Mary
- Master’s in Public Administration – Virginia Commonwealth University
- Certificate in Public Management – George Washington University
- James City County, Senior Planner, Current Planning
- Prince William County, Planner III, Current Planning
- New York City Dept. of Transportation, Project Manager, Office of Construction Mitigation and Coordination
- City of Manassas, Planning & Zoning Manager and Zoning Administrator
Professional Organizations & Memberships
- American Planning Association / American Institute of Certified Planners