High-Mileage Deduction

All vehicle and motorcycle mileage deduction applications must be filed in the Commissioner of the Revenue’s office (ANNUALLY) by APRIL 15. If you do not meet the deadline for the current year, you may file for the following tax year.

Please bring into our office your most current unaltered original inspection slip before April 15, to receive this deduction. If the inspection slip does not show the exact miles as on the vehicle, you must bring in another document indicating the mileage on the vehicle or motorcycle. Other documents include oil change records, tire purchase/rotation records, or services maintenance records from an authorized dealer.

The National Automotive Dealers Association Guide (N.A.D.A.) determines the deduction amount to be subtracted from the assessment.

The deduction for high mileage cannot exceed 40% of the trade-in value for that model year.

Motor Homes:
  • Recreational vehicles (i.e. Motor Homes) do not qualify for high mileage deductions.
High Mileage Deduction Application - Vehicles
High Mileage Dedication Application - Motorcycles

get notified Stay up-to-date on what happening by subscribing below