Tax Due Dates
If a payment date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, the due date is the following business day.
- Value as of January 1
- First installment bills are mailed October 5 through November 5 and must be paid by December 7, 2020
- Second installment bills are mailed May 5 through 10 and must be paid by June 5, 2021
This sometimes occurs if your mortgage company changes or if they have incorrect address information. If you still require assistance, please call the Treasurer’s Office at 703-257-8242.
- Individual and business returns of tangible personal property are due April 15
- Bills are mailed in summer and are due on or before October 5
Business, Professional & Occupational License (BPOL)
- License renewals are due March 1
- New businesses must file prior to start of business
Meals & Lodging
- Returns and tax are due the 20th of the month following the month of collection