Mayor Michelle Davis-Younger is a lifelong resident of Manassas. She earned her MBA and her Bachelor’s in Business Administration from Strayer University. She and her husband have 2 children who were educated through the Manassas City Public School System.
Mrs. Davis-Younger owns and operates a Human Resources Consulting firm located in Historic Downtown Manassas called The1ForHR, LLC and has assisted many City of Manassas residents with career coaching and resume writing as well as businesses with HR compliance, recruiting, and training. She is a member of the First Baptist Church of Manassas.
- Society of Human Resources Management - Certified Professional – (SHRM-CP)
- Professional Resume Writer
- Outstanding Alumni for Strayer University 2021
Volunteer/Civic Organization Membership
- Member of Prince William Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Old Town Business Association
- Northern Virginia Business and Professional Women’s Club
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) - National Member
- Prince William County Society of Human Resources Management (PWSHRM) - Member
- Leadership Prince William, Board of Regents - Member
- Elected to the Virginia Municipal League as Vice Chair of Urban Section for 2023.
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission Governance and Personnel Committee
- The Governance and Personnel committee for NVTA (Northern Virginia Transportation Authority)
- George Mason Scitech Advisory Board Member
- NVTA Board
- Virginia Municipal League (VML) Legislative Committee
- VML Nominating Committee
- Mayor January 1, 2021
- January 1, 2019 - Elected to Council