Ralph J. Smith
Councilman Ralph J. Smith has lived in the City of Manassas for almost 40 years. He has served as Chief Election Officer at Round and Dean Precincts and as an Election Official for more than 20 years and has been recognized in the digital archives in the Library of Congress for community service. Mr. Smith earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from St. Paul's College in Lawrenceville, Virginia.
Mr. Smith was a Senior Executive at the Social Security Administration in Falls Church, Virginia. He served as a resource person and national spokesperson on issues related to policy and procedures for administrative hearings, appeals, and civil actions in claims for Social Security Benefits.
- Past president of the Prince William Branch of the NAACP
- Chief Election Official, Round Precinct, City of Manassas
- American Red Cross Board of Directors
- Recipient of the Prince William County Human Rights Award
- Community Policy Management Team (CPMT)
- Economic Development Authority
- Social Services Advisory Board
- NVTA - Planning Coordination and Advisory Committee (PCAC)
- Region Forward Coalition
January 1, 2020 - Elected to Council
August 12, 2019 - Appointed as Interim City Council Member taking Council Member Ken Elston's seat