DECAL PLACEMENT CHANGE FOR 2020
If your address has been zoned as a City Parking District
- Every vehicle parked on a City street in a parking district will require an annual parking decal or a temporary visitor permit. [Sample of the permits]
- Annual decals will be issued to residents for vehicles that are registered to the property address with the Virginia DMV and the City of Manassas. The decals are not transferable or refundable. The decals are only valid on the eligible vehicle to which it was issued while the vehicle is legally registered to that address.
- The owner of the vehicle must pay all outstanding parking tickets, taxes and license fees owed to the City of Manassas before a permit will be issued.
- The permit is valid for a calendar year and the cost is $10.00.
- Misuse of the decal and the hang tag will result in fines and police enforcement.
Temporary Visitor (hang tag) permits
If you require a daily use temporary permit for a guest/visitor
The permits will be issued to the property address. Temporary permits will only be sold to residents of the property address. An individual may prove residence with a valid driver’s license, utility bill or lease agreement.
Permits are purchased at the Treasurer’s Office, 9027 Center Street, Room 103. Purchase permits in person from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or make a request by mail along with payment to the Treasurer’s Office.
The Parking District Policy was adopted by City Council July 28, 2014.
For questions or concerns about:
this policy or about a petition to create a new parking district:
Contact Public Works at 703-257-8378.
fees associated with parking permits:
Contact the Treasurer's Office at 703-257-8242.
Send petitions for parking districts to:
Public Works Department at 8500 Public Works Dr, Manassas, VA 20110.