Lucasville Pond Retrofit
This project upgrades the existing pond, located at 10216 Magnolia Grove Drive, to a Virginia DEQ-credited Level 2 pond, meaning it provides both increased stormwater retention capacity and greater water quality treatment.
- Construction to begin September 2023
- Wildlife Relocation Services: Present - September 18, 2023
- Construction Mobilization and Site Prep: September 1 - September 18, 2023
- Dewatering of Pond: September 18, 2023
- As of August 29, 2023, the WRL has relocated 750 turtles!
- Received a permit from the Department of Conservation and Recreation for this effort.
- To learn more about WRL, visit here.
- Solitude Lake Management will be performing fish relocation services for the Lucasville Pond of behalf of the City. To learn more about their safe methods, visit here.
- A forebay at the main inflow
- An upper shelf wetland/high marsh area
- An aquatic bench around the pond perimeter
- Increased storage volume (dredging) below the existing permanent pool elevation and the addition of aerator/bubblers.
- View Plans
- Q & A from the August 8, 2022 meeting
- See the presentation from the August 8, 2022 meeting
- Make a comment on the project
Contact: Susie Orndorff, Stormwater Administrator