Winters Branch Pond Rehabilitation
This project rehabilitates the existing extended detention pond, located behind 9501 Dean Park Ln, by dredging the pond and forebay, restoring the aquatic bench, repairing the riser structure, and providing public engagement opportunities.
- Construction to begin September 2023
- Timeline: September 2023 – Spring 2024
- Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Trails and area surrounding pond will be closed to the public starting as early of September 5, 2023. See diagram below - trails in pink will be closed. Detour signs will be in place.
Proposed improvements for this facility include:
- Public Engagement Opportunities
- Installing educational signs
- Installing a 15’x30 viewing platform that is cantilevered over the north bank of the pond
- Micropool & Forebay Rehabilitation
- Restoring the grading back to original design to increase stormwater retention capacity and water quality treatment
- Repairing the gabion baskets of the forebay weir
- Aquatic Bench Restoration
- Restoring and replanting aquatic bench, which are 10 feet wide and 6 inches below the normal bool level. The bench facilitates habitat growth in and around the pond, and also provides a public safety feature.
- Other Necessary Maintenance
- Repairing the asphalt trails
- Repairing damaged sluice gate on riser structure
- Removing excess vegetation from the spillway riser and at the toe of the dam
- Improving maintenance access gate
Contact: Susie Orndorff, Stormwater Administrator