Note: CMFRD Firefighters who hold an EMT Intermediate or Nationally Registered EMT Paramedic certification, and have successfully completed the field training program, and maintain active status are eligible to participate in the Advanced Life Support Pay Incentive Program and receive $3.00 hourly / $7,488.00 annually. This pay is calculated into your retirement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for protecting life and property by performing fire suppression, emergency medical services, and related emergency response.
- Position may drive fire apparatus and operate fire pumps and/or aerial devices in emergency situations.
Minimum Required Qualifications: (this position does require current Virginia certification as a)
- Firefighter II
- VA EMT-Intermediate or VA EMT-Paramedic or National Registry Paramedic
- Possess a valid VA driver's license
- High school diploma or GED
**Disclaimer: The use of tobacco products is a disqualifier for consideration of this position and any future applications.**