Income protection program for long-term, non-job-related illness and/or injury. After the waiting period, the approved disability is paid at 60% of monthly salary. The city is responsible for the entire premium cost for full-time employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- We offer Health/Medical FSA that give employees an opportunity to save money on eligible medical, dental, vision and prescription expenses through pre-tax deductions up to the IRS limit.
- We offer Dependent Care FSA that allows our employees to reduce their child care of eldercare expenses through pre-tax deductions up to the IRS limit.
Anthem EAP offers employees and their family members help in resolving personal, financial, and legal problems including:
- Family / marital
- Emotional Alcohol / drug abuse
- Critical incident stress debriefing
- Budget planning
- Legal questions hotline
Undergraduate courses will receive a reimbursement of up to $400 per credit hour with the maximum reimbursement not to exceed $2,000 per fiscal year. Graduate courses will receive a reimbursement of up to $500 per credit hour with the maximum reimbursement not to exceed $2,500 per fiscal year.
All employees can join the Prince William County Credit Union where they may save money at a good rate of interest and borrow money when needed.
By providing a beneficial wellness program, the city helps employees change unhealthy behaviors, reduce healthcare costs, and promote a healthier and more productive work force.
Some of our wellness activities include:
- Annual employee wellness fair
- On-site fitness facility
- Annual on-site health screenings
- Annual on-site flu vaccine clinic
- Smoking cessation classes
- Employee fitness challenges
back to Main Benefits page