Parks & Recreation Committee
What does the committee do?
- Develops, implements and evaluates park and recreation facilities, services and programs according to long and short-term plans.
- Encourages and develops community awareness, appreciation, involvement, and use of the City’s recreation and park facilities, services and programs.
- Pursues and encourages the development of recreation and park facilities, services and programs in cooperation with neighboring jurisdictions.
- Reviews and provides recommendations to the proposed five-year Capital Improvement Program budget and fees for facilities and programs.
How is the Committee organized?
The Committee has nine voting members and two alternate members. At least six of the members must reside in the City of Manassas. Members serve a four-year term, and may seek reappointment. Staff provides administrative and technical support, and one member of the City Council serves as a non-voting liaison to the Committee. The Committee meets at least six times per year.
- Andrew Morris, Chair
- Joshua B. Rachford, Vice Chair
- Laura Coates
- Gregory Cook
- Brian Cuffee
- Mike Freeland
- Robert Settle
- Lawrence Smith
- Jeffrey Wright
William S. Taft
Councilmember Tom Osina
Kisha Wilson-Sogunro, Parks, Culture & Recreation Division Manager