Public Works Mission is to:
- provide quality, responsive maintenance, and collection services to its residents and businesses within established budgets.
- provide well-planned and constructed capital projects that service the public and enhances public and private infrastructure. Public works strives to improve neighborhood safety and quality of life.
Maintenance of the city’s infrastructure is the heart of the public works department.
This comprises of about 25% of its budget. More than 61 full-time city employees maintain:
- 253 lane miles of road sweeping, paving & repair, snow removal, vacuum leaf collection, & storm drain clean out
- 16 city parks
- Eight school fields
- Two city cemeteries
- 151,500 square feet of planting beds
- 408 pieces of equipment including 320 licensed vehicles
- 62 traffic signals
- 16 city buildings
- 5,320 storm drains
- 22 stormwater management ponds