Bulk Waste and Large Items
How do I schedule bulk waste/large item collection?
Setting out your bulk waste is as easy as:
- Call (703) 257-8252 at least 24 hours before your trash collection day.
- Report what you have to schedule for collection.
- Set your bulk waste out at the curb the night before your collection day.
What are some examples of what I can set out?
Here are some of the household items and appliances often set out for collection:
Items not collected
The following items will NOT be collected at curbside:
- Automobile parts
- Car Batteries
- Cement, Concrete, Rocks, Stones, Bricks, Pavers
- Dead AnimalsDirt, Sod, Compost, Sand
- Cement Mixers
- Fire extinguishers
- Large amounts of construction debris
- Motor oil
- Propane or helium tanks
- Riding lawn mowers
- Fallen trees and tree stumps
- Whole decks or whole sections of fencing
*Televisions and Computer Monitors must be scheduled for collection.
If you are unsure about an item that you need to dispose of, please contact the Trashline on (703) 257-8252.
Can I set out construction debris?
The City of Manassas accepts small amounts of construction debris as bulk waste. Residents must call at least 24 hours ahead of their regularly scheduled collection day to arrange for collection. Residents are limited to one cubic yard (3' x 3' x 3') per week. Please call ahead to schedule collection on 703-257-8252
The following materials will be collected:
- Wood, including nonhazardous painted, treated and coated wood and wood products
- Plumbing fixtures
- Non-asbestos insulation
- Roofing shingles and other roof coverings
- Plastics that do not conceal waste
- Metal materials incidental to any of the materials above
What to do with large amounts of construction debris:
Some construction debris can be taken to the Manassas Transfer Station. Please contact them on 703-369-4575 for further information.
Residents may also rent the City’s courtesy truck for $150.
The Environmental Protection Agency has more information on disposing of construction material and a helpful guide for recycling. You can also visit the Metropolitan Washington Council of Government's site for local recycling information.
I don't see the item that I want to set out on the list.
There are many items that can be scheduled for bulk waste collection. If you don't see it mentioned in our lists - just call (703) 257-8252 and ask. It's much better to talk to someone and make sure than put your item out and then it doesn't get collected.
What do I do with glass?
The City accepts scheduled glass as bulk waste.
Here's how to set it out:
- tape the glass to avoid it breaking and shattering during collection
- put broken glass in a cardboard box for collection
You could receive a fine
- Plan on setting out small amounts at a time.
- Call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 to schedule collection.
- Set out your extra trash the night before your trash day.
- Sort out your trash and recycling.
- (703) 257 - 8256 and book a Courtesy Truck for $150.