The Street Department offers two "Courtesy Trucks" to rent for those times when City residents have large amounts of household trash, yard waste, or construction debris for disposal. These (7'x 16' x 2') trucks are parked by City staff for an afternoon or a weekend, collected on the morning of the next business day, and taken to the Manassas Transfer Station for the all-inclusive fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.)
This service normally operates from April through the end of September.
Trucks are not available on Mondays.
Service provided to residential users only.
You can now pay online!
How do you reserve a Courtesy Truck?
Reservations for the Courtesy Truck can be made online or through the Refuse and Recycling Department at (703) 257-8342, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Residents are asked to reserve the Courtesy Truck as far in advance as possible to ensure a booking.
- All residents using the Courtesy Truck must follow the Courtesy Truck guidelines provided.
- When booking a Courtesy Truck, residents must indicate where the truck should be parked on delivery day.
- Payment is made after the reservation is booked.
- All payments must be made at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of scheduled delivery.
- The City accepts payment in cash, check, or credit card (in person) at the Treasurer's Office located in Room 103 of City Hall, which is located at 9027 Center Street, Manassas, VA 20110.
- All checks should be made out to the City of Manassas.
- Payments may also be made online following confirmation of the Courtesy Truck reservation.
When are the trucks delivered?
Courtesy Trucks are delivered at the end of the working day.
During the week, trucks are delivered and parked between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. and picked up the next day between 6:00 - 7:00 a.m. Weekend rentals are delivered on Friday and picked up on Monday morning. Please understand that these trucks are an active part of the Street Department fleet and availability is subject to change.
Are there restriction to what I can put on the Courtesy Truck?
The Courtesy Truck may not be used for:
- TVs and computer monitors
- Paint, chemicals, car parts or batteries
- Dirt, mulch, compost
- Asphalt, concrete, brick or stone
- Freezers, refrigerators, air-conditioners, or dehumidifiers
- Commercial/Business waste
How many Courtesy Trucks are available?
The City of Manassas offers 2 Courtesy Trucks for residents. These are working Street Department trucks that are rented to residents at the end of the working day.
How far in advance should I book the Courtesy Truck?
The Courtesy Truck is very popular and is often fully booked weeks in advance. Please try to schedule as far ahead as possible and have alternate dates in mind in case the date you have requested is not available.