Recycle Cart Information
Residents may upgrade the size of their recycling cart free of charge.
Request or Replace Carts here
Solicitar y Reemplazarcarros aquí
Missed Recycling Collection
Missed collections reported prior to 2 p.m. will be collected on the same day. Missed collections reported after 2 p.m. will collected the following day after 2 p.m. Missed collections reported on Fridays after 2 p.m. will be collected on Monday after 2 p.m.
Report a Missed Collection here
Reporta tu colección perdida aquí
Where can I recycle cardboard boxes?
- 8500 Public Works Drive (in the back of the parking lot to the right of the Public Works building
- 9412 Main St. (in the parking area behind Crossroads Tavern.
- Behind the Harris Pavilion
- 8305 Quarry Road (to the left of the weigh scale as you enter the Manassas Transfer Station).
Help us reach our recycling goal!
To attain our goal of maintaining a recycling rate over 50% (we're currently at 45%), the City of Manassas asks residents to follow these simple steps:
- Rinse out food containers before putting them in the recycle cart
- Recycle cardboard, paper, plastic and/or glass containers and metal cans
- When in doubt – Leave it out! If residents are unsure about recyclable materials, leave it out of recycling so as not to contaminate the recycling.
Helpful Recycling Facts
- The City of Manassas provides it’s residents with recycling containers. You may also use your own hard-sided container with tight fitting lid.
- Fill your recycling cart with items to be recycled. These items include: metal food and beverage cans, food and beverage plastic containers, newspapers, magazines, junk mail, cardboard boxes that are broken down. Please no plastic bags!
- Trash/recycling carts must be set out to the street prior to 6 AM on your collection day.
- Pull your carts back after collection. Do not leave them in common areas, fire lanes, or out at the street.