- The City of Manassas provides residents with trash containers. You may also use your own hard-sided container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Fill your cart with your household trash in plastic trash bags. Do NOT put your trash bags or raw trash on the street. It draws rodents and poses a threat to your health!
- Set your cart out the night before your collection day and pull your cart back after collection. Do not leave your carts in common areas, fire lanes, or at the curb.
Call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 or email us for more information.
What if I have large items to set out?
Please visit our Bulk Waste/Large Items page for more information.
Leaving your carts out is a violation of City Code
Leaving carts out at the curb outside the collection period is a violation of City of Manassas Code Section 98.1 - 21 and may result in a fine of up to $3,000:
- Containers shall be set out no earlier than 12:00 p.m. the day prior to the day for collection and no later than 6:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Following collection; all containers shall be removed from the curb, no later than 12:00 p.m. on the day following collection and may be stored in the rear or side yards only, in accordance with the requirements of this subsection, or may be effectively blocked from view by vegetation; otherwise, such containers shall be stored within a principal or accessory structure on the Property.
- Refuse and Recycling stored outdoors on private property must be placed in a Refuse Container or Recycling Container and properly screened.
- Every Service User shall take adequate precautions to secure all trash, recycling, bulk waste, and yard waste in such a manner as to ensure the safety of the public.
- If trash, recycling, or yard waste is scattered or blown because the Occupant or Owner did not use a Suitable Container, then that Occupant or Owner is responsible for the scattering and may be charged with Littering under Code §§ 98.1-6, 98.1-7 and 98.1-9.