Early Voting In-Person
- Starting 45 days before Election Day at 9025 Center Street, Manassas.
- Office Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00 pm and on Saturday from 9:00am-5pm when open (please call to confirm).
- Remember, the Saturday before Election Day is the last day to vote early.
- You do not have to have a reason or fill out an application to vote early.
- You must provide your name and address and show an acceptable form of ID or sign an ID Confirmation Statement. To view a complete list of acceptable IDs, please visit our Voting In-Person page. If acceptable identification is not provided, you must sign an ID Confirmation Statement or a provisional ballot will be offered and you are allowed until the Friday at noon following the election to provide a copy of acceptable identification to the electoral board or sign an ID Confirmation Statement. Provisional voters receive a notice to remind them of the deadline and right to attend the electoral board meeting.
- Accessible equipment and/or curbside voting is available upon request.
Emergency Absentee Voting
There are two basic types of emergency absentee voting with different procedures for each:
- You may cast an emergency absentee ballot if you were unable to meet the "vote by mail" application deadline for any of the following reasons (Va. Code § 24.2-705):
- Your hospitalization or illness;
- The hospitalization, illness, or death of a spouse, child, or parent; or
- Other emergency found to justify receipt of an emergency absentee ballot
- You may request to vote emergency absentee at any time prior to 2:00 pm on the day preceding the election
- If you are approved for an emergency ballot, your general registrar shall provide the absentee ballot to your designated representative for delivery to you
- You shall mark the ballot in the presence of your designated representative
- The ballot shall be counted only if the ballot is received by the general registrar prior to the close of polls
2. (For certain voters) You Change Plans After Noon Saturday (Va. Code § 24.2-705.1)
- You must be either an officer of election who was assigned after 12:00 pm on the Saturday before the election to work in a precinct other than his own; or
- You had an obligation arise after 12:00 pm on the Saturday before the election due either to; 1) your business, profession, or occupation; 2) the hospitalization of you or a member of your immediate family; or 3) the death of a member of your immediate family
- Apply and vote in person by 2:00 p.m. on the day preceding the election
- Emergency Absentee Ballot Application – Travel (.doc)
- Emergency Absentee Ballot Application – Hospitalized or Otherwise Incapacitated Voter (.doc)