Run for Office
Although requirements to run for office differ for local, state and federal offices, you can become a candidate for the City of Manassas if you:
- Can legally vote for the office you seek
- Have been a Virginia resident for at least one year prior to the election date
For independent candidates and party candidates not nominated by a primary who want to be placed on a November election ballot, the candidate-filing deadline is always by 7 pm on the second Tuesday in June. The deadline for primary candidates is usually late March.
For more information on running for a local office:
- Go to Becoming a Candidate on the Virginia Department of Election’s website
- Contact the Office of Elections at 703-257-8230
- Visit the Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee website or contact the Manassas Republican Committee at email@example.com for party-specific nominees, regulations and activities.