November 2, 2021 General and Special Elections
Writ of Election for a Special Election to Fill a Vacancy on the City Council of the City of Manassas, Virginia.
Writ of a Special Election signed by Judge.
Are you Election Ready?
- What is on my Ballot? Sample ballot.
- Extended hours for upcoming election.
- Are you registered to vote? Check your registration status.
- Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
- Where Do I Vote? Check which polling place you should visit on Election Day.
- Need a ride? Volunteers are prepared to assist voters who are without transportation to the polls.
- Make sure your address is up to date: check your current voter registration card, call us at 703-257-8230, or fill out a new Voter Registration Form and mail it to us at
9025 Center St.
Manassas, VA 20110.
- Be prepared: View the list of acceptable forms of ID.
- Will you be out of town or otherwise unavailable to come to the polls on Election Day? You may be able to cast your vote before Election Day through Absentee Voting.
Good to know...
Did you know that when you register to vote in Virginia, you DO NOT register to vote by party? Virginia is an Open Primary state which means that any registered voter in Virginia can vote in either a Democratic or Republican primary. When both parties are holding a primary election, you will be asked which primary you want to vote in when you check in to vote with your photo ID. Note, you may only vote in one primary.
If you are already registered at your current address, you do not need to register again.
To remain a qualified registered voter, the law requires you to notify your local voter registration office of any change in your name or address. This must be done before the registration books close for the next election. The deadline is 22 days prior to any general or primary election and 13 days before a special election, or 6 days prior to a special election called by the Governor (Code of Virginia §24.2-416).
You can submit your request for change of name and/or address by submitting a new Virginia Voter Registration Form, either by mail to 9025 Center Street, Manassas, VA 20110, by fax (703-257-0080), email, or online at the Virginia Department of Elections web site. When submitting a form to our office, the change notice must include your signature to be valid. Change requests cannot be made by telephone. We can accept a scanned change request via email; the scanned change request must include your signature.
After your change is processed, you will be mailed a new Voter Information Notice. If a new notice does not arrive within a few weeks, please call us at 703-257-8230 to confirm that your change was received.