Early Voting Information
Effective July 1, 2020, all registered voters in Virginia are eligible to vote early in-person in the county in which they are registered to vote, no excuse required.
Please note that if you have requested that a ballot be mailed to you, you must have that ballot with you and turn it in if you change your mind and decide to vote early. The initial mailing of ballots will takes place 45 days before the election.
Know Before You Go
- Check your registration and make sure everything is correct on the Virginia Department of Elections Citizen Portal.
- Have your acceptable ID with you. This includes voter card, driver’s license, state ID card, and more.
- Check out the sample ballot so you can get in, vote, and get moving safely.
- Be prepared for social distancing measures in place at all locations.
- Bring your mask! Face coverings are required when entering city facilities.