Olde Towne Inn
At the April 24, 2023, City Council Meeting, the Manassas City Council voted to approve the appropriation of funds from the FY23 budget for the purchase of the Olde Towne Inn in Historic Downtown Manassas for $5.75 million. The Manassas Economic Development Authority previously voted to buy the Olde Towne Inn at a special meeting on February 1, 2023. The City has closed on the purchase of the Inn. An online survey was conducted with 168 responses. If you would like to leave your comments about the Olde Towne Inn, please fill out this form.
The Inn was originally constructed in the 1960s and has continuously operated as a motel. The Inn is located in the center of the Historic Downtown area and sits on an entire city block.
A series of Community Conversations were held at CenterFuse, the Co-work space on Center Street in Historic Downtown Manassas. Presentations included:
Boards posted in the room
Presentation to participants
In each session, participants were broken into smaller groups to give feedback on what their vision is for the Olde Towne Inn site.
A preliminary report from the Community Conversation is available here.
- When you heard that the Olde Towne Inn was closing, what were your thoughts about what may be an appropriate replacement?
- What are your thoughts about the proposed concept you see on display this evening? What do you like about it, and what would you like to see changed?
- There has been some discussion about the possibility of having a mix of land uses on this site --- perhaps a hotel and some residential units, or street-level retail and restaurants with a hotel or apartments above. What is your opinion about the land uses that you think would be appropriate for this site?
- Several of the buildings within view of the Olde Towne Inn site are substantially taller than that building. What do you think would be an appropriate maximum number of stories for a building on this site?
- What are your thoughts on the streetscape/form of the structure? Having any floors over 3 stories that are stepped back? Keeping the main building orientation towards Center Street and Main Street? Other key design considerations?
- Is there anything else you want to say about this site and its future design and use?