How We're Making Permitting & Plan Review Easier & Safer
If you need to discuss a permit for a project of limited scope like Decks, Basement Alterations, Minor non-structural Interior Alterations, Wall Signs, Sheds (less than 256 square feet), Fences, Home Occupations, or Occupancy Permits, we’re now open for Walk Through Wednesdays by appointment only. You can also make appointments to discuss other projects:
- Guidance on tents and heaters for temporary outdoor dining spaces
- Need to send us plans or other documents? Send to Dropbox
- Permitting self service is available. You may check the status of building permits and plan reviews; pay permit fees; and verify the status of inspections.
- Virtual inspections are available for some inspections.Find out more.
- A drop off/pick up box for large-scale building plans is located in the City Hall entrance closest to the railroad tracks. Please call us at 703-257-8278 if you drop a plan off.
- Electronic submission of plans up to 11 x 17 inches will be accepted.
- Third party building inspections will be accepted from an approved list of inspectors.
- Building and site plan review are ongoing.
- Requests and Inquiries: feel free to contact Development Services at 703-257-8278 or by email email@example.com. If needed, staff can assist in setting up an in-person appointment for you.