Sudley Road Sidewalk
- New 0.7 mile sidewalk on the east side of Sudley Road between Mathis Avenue and Grant Avenue
- 5 feet from Grant Ave. to Portner Ave. and 6 feet from Portner Ave. to Mathis Ave.
- Existing 4 foot sidewalk without buffer on west side of Sudley Road.
- Project Cost: $3 - $3.1 million
- 2 alternatives:
Alternative 1: 6’ buffer Alternative 2: 3’ buffer
between sidewalk and roadway between sidewalk and roadway
- Alternative 1 provides a wider buffer and consequently more comfort for pedestrians
- Alternative 2 provides a narrower buffer but will have less right-of-way impacts on private properties.
- This project is identified in the Pedestrian Network Plan of the Comprehensive Plan
- The project is currently unfunded. State funds are being sought to fund this project.
- The concept was developed in February 2022.
Alternative 1: 6’ buffer between sidewalk and roadway
Alternative 2: 3’ buffer between sidewalk and roadway
Share your comments and take the survey
Public input is being sought and is critical to receive before a project is recommended to be added to the Capital Improvement Program.
Contact: Chloe Delhomme, Senior Planner