Sudley Road Sidewalk
- New 0.7 mile sidewalk on the east side of Sudley Road between Mathis Avenue and Grant Avenue
- 5 feet from Grant Ave. to Portner Ave. and 6 feet from Portner Ave. to Mathis Ave.
- Existing 4 foot sidewalk without buffer on west side of Sudley Road.
- Project Cost: $3 - $3.1 million
- 2 alternatives:
Alternative 1: 6’ buffer Alternative 2: 3’ buffer
between sidewalk and roadway between sidewalk and roadway
- Alternative 1 provides a wider buffer and consequently more comfort for pedestrians
- Alternative 2 provides a narrower buffer but will have less right-of-way impacts on private properties.
- This project is identified in the Pedestrian Network Plan of the Comprehensive Plan
- The concept was developed in February 2022
- State revenue sharing funds were awarded for right of way and construction in FY25 – FY26.
- The public comment period concluded in February 2023
- The design phase is expected to begin in summer 2023
Alternative 1: 6’ buffer between sidewalk and roadway
Alternative 2: 3’ buffer between sidewalk and roadway
Contact: Brian Leckie, Transportation Planner II