Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my utilities hooked up?
Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to assist you in obtaining electric, water, sewer, storm water, and refuse and recycling services. Visit our Customer Service information page to get started.
How do I watch a City Council Meeting?
Residents and visitors can watch City Council meetings live or on demand on our City television channel or streaming.
To watch on our television channel, we are on Comcast Channel 23 and Verizon Channel 38.
How do I make a Freedom of Information Request?
Virginia's Freedom of Information act "ensures the people of the Commonwealth ready access to public records in the custody of a public body or its officers and employees, and free entry to meetings of public bodies wherein the business of the people is being conducted."
For more information on FOIA or to make a request, visit our FOIA web page.
How and where do I pay a bill to the City of Manassas?
It is getting easier to pay bills in the City of Manassas. More billing is coming online and there are more ways to pay online every day. Find out more by visiting our Citizen Self Service portal.
How do I get a new trash cart?
If your cart is broken or missing or if you are new to the City of Manassas, there is a simple form you can fill out to replace or start your trash service. Find out more information about trash and recycling on our Trash and Recycling home page.
I just moved (into/out of) the City of Manassas. Who do I notify?
When moving into or out of the City of Manassas there are several departments that are important to notify for billing and so that you can begin either your future here or your journey somewhere else. These departments are as follows:
How do I register to vote?
You can register to vote at any of the following locations:
- Local Voter Registration office
- State Board of Elections office
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices
- Voter Registration Drives
- Some state or local government offices
- Armed forces recruitment offices
- Public libraries
Also you can print the Voter Registration Form and mail it to our office:
9025 Center Street, Manassas, VA 20110
How do I get a business license?
In the City of Manassas, the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office works with business licenses. To obtain a business license, visit their web page for more information.
There is also information on:
- New! New Business Check List
- For information on tax rates and business classification, browse the BPOL Rate Schedule
- For more details, view the BPOL Ordinance
- Sign up to be notified by email about business tax due dates
- Cease of Business Form
- Guide for New Businesses
- Virginia Tax Facts
I want to hold an event in the City of Manassas. How do I do that?
There are different policies for holding events in the City depending on how you wish to hold your event. Is your event public or private? Is your event on commercial property or on public property? Is your event a public forum? If you know the answer to theses questions, it will make it easier for you to begin planning your event.
Where can I pay a City of Manassas parking ticket?
Parking tickets can be paid at the City Treasurer's Office in person, by mail, in the drop box outside City Hall, or online. Now, there are more ways to pay with more credit cards accepted by the Treasurer's office.
How and where do I get a City of Manassas dog license?
The Treasurer's Office is where residents purchase dog licenses in the City of Manassas. Here are the requirements according to code:
- The Code of Virginia and the City of Manassas requires all owners to license dogs that are over four months old. New residents must license their pets within 30 days of moving to Manassas.
- Dog licenses are renewed annually and expire on December 31st.
- Dog licenses are available beginning in December of the effective year.
- All dog license applications must include a valid rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed veterinarian.
- Owners of neutered males and spayed females pay $5 for their license. Proof of the pet's spay/neuter is required.
Where do I report a pothole, streetlight out, a branch fell on the road and more?
Try Manassas Connect, the new tool that makes it easy to report things like potholes, power outages, overgrown grass and more. It's available in the Apple app store and Google play store, and you can also use it on the website.
I'm building a deck; where do I get a permit?
You will contact the permit counter: 703-257-8278