These (7'x 16' x 2') trucks are parked by City staff for an afternoon or a weekend, collected on the morning of the next business day and taken to the Manassas Transfer Station for the all inclusive fee of eighty five dollars ($85.)
Please be advised that this service now operates from April through the end of September.
Courtesy Truck service will begin again on April 1, 2020
Delivery and Scheduling
During the week, trucks are delivered and parked between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. and picked up the next day between 6:00 - 7:00 a.m. Weekend rentals are delivered on Friday and picked up on Monday morning.
These three trucks are an active part of the Street Department fleet and availability is subject to change. In the event of snow, the truck will be rescheduled or a refund will be given.
Reservations and Payment
Reservations for the Courtesy Truck can be made through the Refuse and Recycling Department at 703-257-8256, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Residents are asked to reserve the Courtesy Truck as far in advance as possible to ensure a booking.
- All residents using the Courtesy Truck must follow the Courtesy Truck guidelines provided.
- When booking a Courtesy Truck, residents must indicate where the truck should be parked on delivery day.
- Payment is made after the reservation is booked.
- All payments must be made at least twenty four (24) hours in advance of scheduled delivery.
- The City accepts payment in cash and check.
VISA and MasterCard are accepted. Note: credit card fees will apply to all transactions.
- All check should be made out to the City of Manassas.
- All payments must be made at the Treasurer's Office at the Customer Service Centerl:
9800 Godwin Drive
Manassas VA 20110.
The Courtesy Truck may not be used for:
- TVs and computer monitors
- Paint, chemicals, car parts or batteries
- Dirt, mulch, compost
- Asphalt, concrete, brick or stone
- Freezers, refrigerators, air-conditioners, or dehumidifiers
- Commercial/Business waste
Please be advised that all over-loaded and inappropriate materials
will be removed from the truck and not taken.