Guided & Self-Guided Visits
Guided Visits at the Museum or Liberia House
Please note that in-person offerings are not currently available
K–12 school groups can arrange for visits that are filled with hands-on activities and are customized to support your class’s objectives.
- Museum visits and visits to Liberia House are led by museum professionals trained in object-based, multi - disciplinary learning.
- Educators develop tours based on the needs of the class and integrate objects in the museum’s collection.
- Tours are developed to support skills, themes, and standards of learning.
- Visits are 1 hour in duration, customized for each group, and are free of charge.
- Visits must be scheduled at least one month in advance.
- Please note that school groups cannot be greater than 30.
- Guided visits may be arranged for Tuesday through Friday at 10am or 11am.
Self-Guided Visits at the Museum
Explore the museum at your own pace!
- Self-guided visits are not led by a museum educator but we’d be happy to work with you to develop a visit that maximizes your time at the museum.
- Self-guided tours may be up to 1 hour in duration and are free of charge
- If you would like to add a hands-on activity, you may inquire about using our multi -purpose room!
- We recommend that you visit the museum ahead of time to explore the gallery and exhibits and plan your tour
- Self-guided visits may be arranged for Tuesday through Friday at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., or 2 p.m.