Housing & Neighborhood Resources
Let us know how you think we can increase affordable home ownership in the City of Manassas and increase awareness of existing housing programs.
As part of this effort the Planning Commission has identified four ways we might increase the supply of affordable housing opportunities in the city:
- Authorize a variety of housing types besides single family homes and townhomes to help with demand.
- Adjust site and design standards to use property more efficiently while maintaining the overall look of the city.
- Create a density bonus program that would reward those building vertical mixed-use development (buildings that are more than one story tall and have both residential and commercial uses) in the Mathis Avenue and Sudley Road (near the hospital) areas.
- Authorize accessory dwelling units (smaller, independent residential dwelling units located on the same lot as an existing home) on a limited basis so that existing homeowners can age in place and/or receive supplemental income.
Covid-19 Housing AssistanceFind emergency housing assistance and foreclosure prevention options available to City of Manassas residents, and tenants rights information.
Virginia Mortgage Relief ProgramThe VMRP helps homeowners experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic
Neighborhood Rehabilitation ProgramFinancial assistance is available to owner-occupied residents of the City of Manassas to correct health and safety issues and increase energy efficiency. Find other housing repair resources (in English and en Español)
Real Estate Tax Abatement & IncentivesSee if you qualify for home or business real estate incentives or tax relief.
Other Housing ResourcesFind foreclosure assistance and agencies that help renters and homeowners.
Quick links to housing resources from Virginia Housing
The Fair Housing Act
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in the sale, lease, or rental of housing and any aspect of credit application and in zoning matters because of:
- Race or color
- National origin
- Familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women and people securing custody of children under 18)
- Handicap (Disability)
Learn More About the City of Manassas Downtown South Housing Study: