Vote By Mail
About Voting By Mail
- Mail ballots for upcoming elections can be requested now. Applications are accepted until 5 p.m. 11 days before an election.
- Ballots are mailed starting 45 days before an election.
- All voters are eligible to vote by mail.
- Ballots can be requested for all elections or just for a specific election. Election Dates
- If requesting a ballot for a primary election, you must indicate a political party preference. Virginia is an open primary state meaning any voter can vote in either primary. Since voters cannot register by party, they must indicate the primary they would like to vote in for a ballot to be sent.
Ways to Apply for a Mail Ballot
ONLINERequest a mail ballot, you will need your Virginia DMV ID.
Ways to Return your Mail Ballot
Ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by 12 p.m. (noon) the Friday after the Election.
Postage is paid for return ballots. Drop at any Post Office Box.
|A secure drop box for voters to drop off their ballots is located outside the registrar's office at 9025 Center St. in Manassas. (Manassas Voter Registration and Elections Office)||9025 Center Street, Manassas, VA 20110
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Check for additional voting hours.
Ways to Track your Ballot
Two tools are available to track your mail ballot application status, your ballot on its way to you, and confirm your ballot has been received.
Confirm your Application has been Approved
2. Scroll down to the Absentee section.
3. Check the Application Received column for the current election.
If you do not see the election listed, your application has not yet been approved.
CONFIRM your Application Status
Track your ballot on its way to you
1. Confirm ballot mailed
2. See expected delivery date
3. Confirm delivery
Enter your name and the address where the ballot is being mailed.
Note: Does not work for military and international address. Only works if a ballot is scanned by a USPS processing center. This does not always happen. If you are not getting updates, check your Online Voter Record below. This will show if your ballot has been received.
Confirm your voted ballot has been received
- Click “Check Registration Status.” Enter required information. Click “Submit.”
- Scroll down to the Absentee section.
- Check the Ballot Received column for the current election.
CONFIRM Ballot Received