Planning & Development
Building & Land Development
We’re trying to make permitting and plan review easier for you and safer for our community. Here are some updates:
If you need to discuss a permit for a project of limited scope like Decks, Basement Alterations, Minor non-structural Interior Alterations, Wall Signs, Sheds (less than 256 square feet), Fences, Home Occupations, or Occupancy Permits, we’re now open for Walk Through Wednesdays by appointment only. You can also make an appointment for other plans and projects:
- Guidance on tents and heaters for temporary outdoor dining spaces
- Need to send us plans or other documents? Send to Dropbox
- Permitting self service is available. You may check the status of building permits and plan reviews; pay permit fees; and verify the status of inspections.
- Virtual inspections are available for some inspections. Find out more.
- A drop off/pick up box for large-scale building plans is located in the City Hall entrance closest to the railroad tracks. Please call us at 703-257-8278 if you drop a plan off.
- Electronic submission of plans up to 11 x 17 inches will be accepted.
- Third party building inspections will be accepted from an approved list of inspectors.
- Building and site plan review are ongoing.
- For other requests and inquiries please feel free to contact Development Services at 703-257-8278 or by email email@example.com. Staff are happy to answer your questions. If needed, staff can assist in setting up an in-person appointment for you.
Expedited Commercial Plan Review Program
We’re here to help expedite the review and approval of plans for smaller commercial projects in existing buildings and shell buildings that have received final inspection. Please contact Eric Lowe at (703) 257-8273, or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Fast Track Program.
Let Us Know How We’re Doing.
Take Our Customer Survey
Overview and Mission The mission of the Building and Land Development office is to provide professional and courteous, building, site development, zoning, property maintenance, plan review, and permitting services to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the city’s present and future generations, businesses, and visitors so that Manassas may continue to grow and prosper while maintaining and enhancing its quality of life. We accomplish this goal by providing processes that are efficient, predictable, and transparent and with services that are both timely and accurate. We strive to discover, communicate, and implement solutions to meet the needs of all clients.